I have been interested in natural skin, hair and body care since childhood. I will give all the credit to my mother for this. She belonged to a generation when chemical cosmetics were not all the rage. Including these steps in my day to day life had blessed me to have healthy skin and hair. I wanted to share some of my “mother’s secrets” with you as well.
1) Switch facial moisturizer. Best gift nature has given us is oils. Oils moisturize, heal and give a boost to one’s skin. If you are really skeptical to use oils then start with aloe-vera gel or honey mask. Aloe vera gel has to be extracted from aloe plant leaf and for honey just apply it and wash after 10-15 minutes. You will have smooth and soft skin throughout the day.
2) As a natural face scrub and face cleanser use chickpea flour (combination to dry skin) or fuller’s earth (oily to normal skin) with water. Make a paste and apply. When it is partially dried, wet it and very gently start rubbing the skin. It serves as best face scrub and face cleanser.
3) Make a natural toner yourself. Refrigerate or freeze cucumber juice or green tea. Fill a spray bottle with cold liquid and spray on your face or take the ice cubes in a cotton cloth and gently rub over your face. Toners soothe, tighten your skin and minimizes your pores. Apply it daily two times on your face to get the effects.
4) For bleaching and lightening pigmentation use potato slice, honey, ginger, tomato or lemon juice. These have bleaching properties. These lighten hair(lemon, ginger, honey) and teeth color (lemon) too. Rub potato slice on your face especially under eyes for dark circles. Do not use lemon or tomato on facial skin. They have high dosage of citric acid. You can bleach your arms, legs or armpits with lemon or tomato juice.
5) Stay away from stress, workout and eat healthy throughout the day. I know you might be astonished by this tip but it does help. Working out release toxins through sweat so you are free from breakouts. Stress makes your skin age faster. Since I believe what you ‘put in’ also affects your skin hence watch what you eat always.
Above mentioned tips helped me a lot till I slowly became lazy and started taking unhealthy shortcuts. These shortcuts gave me dry skin and frizzy, thin hair as a gift. I was not happy with the result so restarted my natural lifestyle seriously to improve my skin and hair three years ago. My first post on ‘No Poo journey’ is also a glimpse of how I started living with natural stuff. Hope you like it too.
Would you be interested to involve these steps in your life? share in the comments below.
Photo credits : 4